From: Jim Getaz <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: OSHA 4-bolt column anchorage
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 07:31:14 -0500

            Greetings,

A steel erector told me a last summer that not only do steel columns need four anchor rods, but OSHA Subpart M requires a column
that is not guyed nor braced by beams tying into it must be taken down
overnight. I was surprised, but as I have little to do with steel erection,
I did not look it up.

            Jim Getaz

            Precast Concrete Engineer

            Winchester, Virginia