Re: Fabricated Cost - Tank Nozzles (Another One for Chris Wright)

On Feb 7, 2006, at 3:07 PM, Polhemus, Bill wrote:

Can you give me a ballpark for 6” and 24” weld-flange nozzles, 300# rating?
I can't identify what you're after by the description--it sound like you're looking for a long neck flanged nozzle, Best bet is to contact a local vendor to see if what you're after is even in stock. If there's no tooling cost or special set-ups pressure vessel forgings used to cost about $5 a pound on a pallet. The 6 inch is a common size, but a 24 inch long neck nozzle is probably a special. Best to fabricate it from pipe and a weld-neck flange.

Check Lenape Forge <http://www.lenapeforge.com/about.htm> or drop by Hahn & Clay in Houston <http://www.hahnclay.com/>

chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com       | this distance"   (last words of Gen.