Powder actuated fasteners for suspended ceiling splay bracing?

Anyone:

I heard from a friend about the IBC and ASCE 7 indicating that powder actuated fasteners cannot be used for seismic tension in seismic design category D unless the fasteners are approved for such use.  The application in question was for bracing splay wires for an acoustical ceiling.  The problem is apparently there are no current ICC evaluation reports or manufacturer testing information showing that powder actuated fasteners through pan deck into concrete is acceptable for tension.  It is my understanding that you could still use PDF's for the gravity wires but not for the splay bracing wires.

Has anyone else run into this as an issue?  Are other areas allowing powder actuated fasteners to connect suspended ceiling splay bracing to composite floor deck?

Thanks.
Scott.