Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 1:08 PM
Subject: House Inspection

My survey questions have never gone over real well, but I'll try another anyway.

How many people licensed as either PE's or SE's do house inspection?  I.e. for residential sales.

Do you actually represent yourself to the potential buyer as a house inspector or are you a consultant on one specific aspect to the house inspector?  If so, what aspect?

For those who do it,  is it common for engineers in your area to do house inspection (in DC house inspectors tend to be individuals who failed as contractors).

Is there a concern that being licensed as an engineer will make you more susceptible to litigation if problems subsequently surface?

Gail Kelley