Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Footing Retrofit/Replacement Ideas[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Footing Retrofit/Replacement Ideas
- From: Eknrinc(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 09:50:06 EST
I have a project which limits me to having to upgrade a concrete pad footing bearing area. The existing footing is 4' square x 12" deep. Here are my initial ideas:
1. Underpin (this requires shoring supported beams)
2. Demolish and replace (this requires shoring supported beams)
3. Pad extension on two sides (may run into existing reinforcement for continuous flexural reinforcement installation/coring)
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.
- Prev by Subject: RE: footing - frost depth
- Next by Subject: RE: Footing Retrofit/Replacement Ideas
- Previous by thread: Re: dynamic effect of filling material to silo
- Next by thread: RE: Footing Retrofit/Replacement Ideas