Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: House Inspection[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: House Inspection
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 09:04:06 -0600
I think in
That’s only a part of the reason.
The whole reason why home inspections are de rigeur here in Texas is that we have no state-wide building code, and not much at all in the way of code enforcement in those municipalities where a building code IS in force.
It’s “Caveat Emptor,” and the “caveat” extends to the mortgage lenders who, after all, would like to think the home that is securing the mortgage is actually worth the stated value. That’s why home inspection companies typically inspect mechanical, plumbing, electrical, etc., as well as the structure.
- Prev by Subject: Re: House Inspection
- Next by Subject: RE: House Inspection
- Previous by thread: RE: House Inspection
- Next by thread: Re: House Inspection