Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Lightning Damage to Structures[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Lightning Damage to Structures
- From: "Wesley Werner" <wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:28:44 -0500
This subject came up several months ago on this list. However, it was confined to discussing damage caused to reinforced concrete. Steve Gordin gave the following link http://www.pubs.asce.org/WWWdisplay.cgi?8400790 to an ASCE article discussing lighting striking concrete. Perhaps you could contact the authors for additional information. Also, Harold Sprague indicated that he had investigated a guyed tower that failed due to a lightning strike. If you do an archive search for lightning, you can find the entire thread and a couple others where lightning was mentioned.
Wesley C. Werner,
From: Polhemus, Bill [mailto:BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 11:05 AM
Subject: Lightning Damage to Structures
Anyone have any expertise in, or KNOW anyone who has expertise in, the effect of lightning on structures, particularly as a cause of structural failure?
Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Lightning Damage to Structures
- Next by Subject: RE: Lightning Damage to Structures
- Previous by thread: Lightning Damage to Structures
- Next by thread: RE: Lightning Damage to Structures