From: Eknrinc(--nospam--at)aol.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Footing Retrofit/Replacement Ideas
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 09:50:06 EST

I have a project which limits me to having to upgrade a concrete pad footing
bearing area. The existing footing is  4' square x 12" deep. Here are my
initial ideas:

1. Underpin (this requires shoring supported beams)
2. Demolish and replace (this requires shoring supported beams)
3. Pad extension on two sides (may run into existing  reinforcement for
continuous flexural reinforcement  installation/coring)

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.