From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 5:59 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: House Inspection

My questions on house inspection came about from a litigation in California.  It's not something I was involved in,  I was just reading the opinion.

The judge stated something to the effect that house inspections were done by a structrual engineer and a termite eradicator and therefore ... blah, blah, blah.

It's been my experience that a buyer or seller might call a structural engineer to look at something, but that the actual "house inspection"  is done by someone who spends a lot of time looking at the appliances.

I think in Texas there may be more of a tendancy for PEs to do house inspection,  mostly because a lot of the house inspection may consist of looking at things related to the foundation.

But even in Texas,  there seems to be a standard check list where things like the whole-house vacuum  are considered as important as the roof or the foundation.

Gail Kelley