From: Ed Tornberg [mailto:ed(--nospam--at)tornbergconsulting.com]
Sent:
Thursday, February 09, 2006 12:35 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Footing Retrofit/Replacement Ideas

I suppose underpinning can mean different things, but is the shoring definitely required?  Often the maximum credible loads you will have during the retrofit will be considerably less than the total load the footing is designed for, especially if snow load is involved.

Disclaimer:  I know nothing about your soils; that may or may not be a determining factor.

Ed Tornberg

Tornberg Consulting, LLC

503-551-4165