Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Hurricane paths[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Hurricane paths
- From: Kevin Below <kevinbelow(--nospam--at)videotron.ca>
- Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 22:53:45 -0500
A client and friend is planning a project in the Turks and Caicos Islands, and I would like to give him some info on the hurricane risk.
Also, global warming is projected by some to cause sea levels to rise by several metres over the next 100 years. That would put a lot of projects in the islands under water. I wouldn't want to be building a beach resort in the low-lying islands if that turns out to be true. Anyone know of a good source for this sort of info ?
Then how about tsunamis. A 5 metre wave would swamp this resort like it did in Phuket, unless the coral reef wall stops it before it runs up the beach, and I suspect it would reflect or absorb it if the wall is nearly vertical. Does anyone know of tsunami effects on islands surrounded by a coral reef ? Were there any examples in December 2004 ?
Many thanks for any contributions,
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.15.4/255 - Release Date: 2006-02-09
- Prev by Subject: HUMOR: "Stupid Units-Of-Measure Tricks"
- Next by Subject: RE: Hurricane paths
- Previous by thread: Re: Steel design - Gerber system
- Next by thread: RE: Hurricane paths