RE: Risa3D vs. ETABS?

Kevin,

CSI technical support is amongst the worst there is.
Inspite of the "exhorbitant" amounts of money you
spend on tech support, hardly have I ever gotten to
speak with a rep the first time. They always have to
call back (and this means usually 2-3 days later if I
am lucky).

As with the meshing, I have always found it easier to
draw meshing lines using null lines to make sure my
connectivity is correct. Sometimes when a column in
not at grid intersections, it can give funny results
for that beam/slab - column moment because of it not
being meshed. Meshing is wonderful if the columns are
all on grid intersections (like in the examples), but
its the real world. I always draw meshing lines and
connect slab edges, columns etc. and turn off my grid
lines during meshing. This has helped so far.

I have never tried RISA 3d, so I cannot offer an
opinion.

Thanks
Anantha