Re: Rebar fy - Intermediate Grade Steel

www.crsi.org
The Concrete Reinforcing Institute has many free Engineering Data Reports that you can download for free.  Number 48 is "Evaluation of Reinforcing Bars in Old Reinforced Concrete Structures".

Juan Carlos Morales <jcmorales1564(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> wrote:
I am analyzing a reinforced concrete structure designed and built in 1960-1962.  The only reference I have found in the drawings regarding the grade of steel reinforcement is a note indicating ?intermediate grade steel?.  I need fy, the yield strength, for the analysis.

I have done some research in the internet and the current applicable standard for typical steel reinforcement, ASTM A615, was established in 1968.  It replaced ASTM A15 which was withdrawn in 1969.  As far as I have researched, ASTM A15 includes grades ?structural, intermediate and hard?.  This seems like a good-enough lead to purchase it.  But before I make the investment, is anyone familiar with ASTM A15?  Are the ?structural, intermediate, and hard? grades accompanied by an fy.

Regards,

Juan C. Morales, P.E.

Yahoo! Mail