Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
wood horizontal shear stress[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: wood horizontal shear stress
- From: "Mark D. Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:39:56 -0800
Can anyone explain why the allowable wood shear stresses are so much greater now than they used to be?
1976 UBC DF#1 Fv=95psi
2005 NDS DF#1 Fv=180 psi
I’m evaluating a wood framed building designed under the 1976 UBC, several members (on paper) exceed allowable shear stress of 95 psi. I am wondering if it would be legitimate to evaluate these members with 180 psi.
I have looked on NDS and AWC web sites for an answer to my question but have not found anything.
Mark D. Baker
- Prev by Subject: Re: Wood floor beam shear connection
- Next by Subject: Re: wood horizontal shear stress
- Previous by thread: Re: 12B19 (Free AISC Search Utility)
- Next by thread: Re: wood horizontal shear stress