From: "Haan, Scott M POA" <Scott.M.Haan(--nospam--at)poa02.usace.army.mil>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: open ended pipe piles - bearing plate in concrete pile cap?
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:06:04 -0900

Harold:

I thought people put the bearing plate on for bearing on the concrete. Did
these Lehigh studies just show bearing is never a problem? Shouldn't the
bearing capacity of the concrete be checked at the pile/concrete interface?
It seems like there is not a lot of bearing area without the cap plate.

Thanks.
Scott.