1978 NDS / 1976 UBC

Since I now have the 1976 UBC but not the 1978 NDS I would appreciate some help clarifying the following please:

When applying the modification factors to tabulated Fb, it appears that ‘CF’ (size effect factor) was applicable for Glulams as well as ‘CS’ (slenderness factor) per the UBC.

·         Is it true that ‘CF’ (size effect factor) was applicable for Glulams?

·         Is Fb’ = tabulated FbxCFxCS or least of tabulated FbxCF or tabulated FbxCS

TIA

Sharon Robertson, P.E.

Arcon Engineers

sharon(--nospam--at)arconengineers.com