Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
1978 NDS / 1976 UBC[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 1978 NDS / 1976 UBC
- From: "Sharon" <sharon(--nospam--at)arconengineers.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:57:05 -0800
Since I now have the 1976 UBC but not the 1978 NDS I would appreciate some help clarifying the following please:
When applying the modification factors to tabulated Fb, it appears that ‘CF’ (size effect factor) was applicable for Glulams as well as ‘CS’ (slenderness factor) per the UBC.
· Is it true that ‘CF’ (size effect factor) was applicable for Glulams?
· Is Fb’ = tabulated FbxCFxCS or least of tabulated FbxCF or tabulated FbxCS
- Prev by Subject: FW: 1976 UBC GLULAM
- Next by Subject: 1997 UBC Section 1634 - Non-building Structures question
- Previous by thread: RE: What is being allowed in California -Powder actuated fasteners for suspended ceiling splay bracing?
- Next by thread: Assistance with Modeling 3-D Wire Truss Assembly using RISA 3-D