Re: Staad - Seismic analysis

Hi ,

I have to do seismic analysis of a two story one bay structure.

Can you please outline the steps to do dynamic analysis of this
structures. I know how to do using codal procedure. We calculate the
Maximum base shear using the formula given in code and distribute it
over the hieght.

But in this lumped mass approach how exactly are they doing, using the
response spectrum.

We get the frequency of the structure, using staad.
The damping ration is given for that building
So for that particular frequency we get the maximum acceleration using
the response spectrum curve.

After this how to do using staad. Please can you guide me its urgent.
In our office they are using some lumped mass concept, what is the
theory behind it.

santhosh