seismic analysis

Chris,
This is what worries me--getting in over my head.
The new Can code requires that you calculate a
building's frequency using dynamic analysis. Being
old school (67), I am looking at computer programs
which can do this, but I am not sure if I buy something
that I will know what I am doing--treading very
carefully!  The software people will tell you what they
think you want to hear.
Gary