Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Stepped Bond Beams[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Stepped Bond Beams
- From: pjspe(--nospam--at)comcast.net (Paul J. Sullivan)
- Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:33:13 +0000
-------------- Original message --------------
From: "Sklar, Mitch" <Mitch.Sklar(--nospam--at)dwkcb.com>
I would like to obtain some ideas on how to detail a gable end wall stepped bond beam. The NCMA suggest to use a cut masonry rake with the vertical wall reinforcement lapped into the beam. A coworker has suggested using horizontal bond beams every other course. Assuming the eave height is 10' and the ridge is 28', this would require a lot of bond beams. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Mitchell J. Sklar, PE, MBA
D W K C B A R C H I T E C T S
- Prev by Subject: Stepped Bond Beams
- Next by Subject: Stepped Bond Beams
- Previous by thread: Re: Stepped Bond Beams
- Next by thread: Stepped Bond Beams