Re: Opinion on a structural dynamics book

Rajendran,

Are you looking for a particular case/topic? Max Irvine book 2001 edition is over 200 U.S. Dollars and is in SI Units.
If you have a chance  please look for a book.on " Dynamics in Civil Engineering: bY: V. Kolousek, Akademia, Pragu/Butterworth, London 1973

If you are looking for Foundation for Machine  Design, please look for  S. Prakash and V. Puri book This is a very good book equivalent to Dr.-Ing. A . Major book (A. Major book has four volumes).

If you are looking for some simple solution type book (few cases i.e. dynamics of retaining walls, dynamics of piles, etc ) Please look for "Soil Dynamics" book of  S. Prakash.

Of course there are numerous books and proceedings on this subject. If you let me know (my personal e-mail) a topic/case you are looking for, I may be help you.

wish you luck

Himat

>>> rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com 02/14/06 10:25 PM >>>
Thanks.

  Bibliofind has joined with Amazon.com. I have ordered the paperback  edition of Irvine's book. I did find an, used , 1974 edition of  Timoshenko's for $25.

  Rajendran

Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com> wrote:
On Feb 14, 2006, at 1:01 PM, Padmanabhan Rajendran wrote:

> The bookstore inventory of books by Irvine and Timoshenko will reduce
> by one each.
Try and find them second-hand from Bibliofind. The prices are great.
1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/

 Yahoo! Mail