From: "Sklar, Mitch" <Mitch.Sklar(--nospam--at)dwkcb.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Stepped Bond Beams
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 07:23:25 -0500

I would like to obtain some ideas on how to detail a gable end wall
stepped bond beam. The NCMA suggest to use a cut masonry rake with the
vertical wall reinforcement lapped into the beam. A coworker has
suggested using horizontal bond beams every other course. Assuming the
eave height is 10' and the ridge is 28', this would require a lot of
bond beams. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

Mitchell J. Sklar, PE, MBA
Structural Engineer
D W K C B     A R C H I T E C T S