RE: Opinion on a structural dynamics book

Usually when a text book is recommended on the list I try to get a copy of the book through the inter-library loan.  Sometimes I am successful.  I got a copy of this one and one other dynamics book Chris had recommended last summer through the loan program to review before buying.  It helps keep me from making purchases I wished I hadn’t regarding books.

Rich

From: Padmanabhan Rajendran [mailto:rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:46 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Opinion on a structural dynamics book

Christopher Wright has, often, recommended a book by H M Irvine on the subject of structural dynamics. I am tempted to buy a copy. However, before doing so, I want to make sure that it is easier to comprehend than the book on the same subject by Clough and Penzien. I have a copy of the latter and I won't say that it is an easy read. If Christopher or others have knowledge of both the books, would they, please, share their thoughts?

Thanks.

Rajendran