RE: Pipe Support Detail

Rich,
I have a copy of paper published in Hydrocarbon journal. Pipe was support on a steel portal frame. The example The author has provided the detail calculations. I believe the paeper fit your need. Please let me know if you are interested. You may need  A.. klienlogel book to solve rigid frame analysis or simple program to solve frame.
I do have A. Klienlogel book.
Himat

>>> seaint03(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com 02/16/06 9:28 AM >>>
Rajendran,

Operating temperature - 100-150 F - warm water

Length - over 600 ft., no insulation

Loops - Expansion

Anchors - resist expansion at equipment at ends

I'm considering using a Teflon pad or a roller bearing type support form the
Cooper catalogs that I was referred to in other posts.  I was going to check
with Cooper for the relative price differences.  I would think the Teflon
slide would be more expensive.  Any reason why I shouldn't use the roller
application?

Rich

  _____