RISA, Lb-comp top and bottom

Hi all, i'm new to the listserve and am currently and engineering student.

I started playing around w/ RISA and have a few question regarding Lb-comp.

I know Lb-comp is the unbraced length of the compression flange, but i'm cofused about the top and bottom part.

If i have simply supported beam w/ steel roof joists bearing on top of it at 4'-0" o.c., is Lb-comp-top = Lb-comp-bottom = 4'-0"?

Thanks.

John