Re: RISA, Lb-comp top and bottom

So, Lcomp-bottom doesn't mean the bottom of the compression area of the beam (ie. upper half of depth of the beam, the bottom half being in tension)?  But the bracing length for the bottom of the beam.

I was playing around w/ the value for Lbcomp-bot in RISA, and it seems to pass my beam if i put a brace at midspan as a minimum.  So they would build it w/ a 'kicker' from the roof joist?  Is this a steel angle from the bottom of the joist to the bottom of the beams i've seen?

Thanks again!