Importing Excel Data into Autocad

List,

 When dealing with large amounts of information to be drafted in a table format (e.g., a column schedule), it would seem to be worthwhile to be able to export text from Excel (the engineering side) to AutoCAD (the drafting side).  However, there does not appear to be a straightforward way to accomplish this, at least without an add-on program.  All I would like to be able to do is update the text in AutoCAD, without the formatting, etc., from Excel, and without doing it one cell at a time.

I would appreciate hearing about any experiences or recommendations anyone has on the matter.

Regards,
Daniel Popp