From: Daniel Popp [mailto:drp181(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 4:56 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Importing Excel Data into Autocad

List,

 When dealing with large amounts of information to be drafted in a table
format (e.g., a column schedule), it would seem to be worthwhile to be able
to export text from Excel (the engineering side) to AutoCAD (the drafting
side).  However, there does not appear to be a straightforward way to
accomplish this, at least without an add-on program.  All I would like to be
able to do is update the text in AutoCAD, without the formatting, etc., from
Excel, and without doing it one cell at a time.

I would appreciate hearing about any experiences or recommendations anyone
has on the matter.

Regards,
Daniel Popp