Re: PEng license

> From: "Caldwell, Stan" <scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com>

> Along with our NHL and NBA teams, this is just one more example of =
> Texas' superiority!  Texans have long considered Alberta to be the only =
> right-thinking province of Canada and feel right at home in both =

We don't have a problem with right-thinkingness, just narrow-mindedness.
It seems that after they leave the office, some right-thinkers tend to
forget hands-off attitudes.

I'm going to avoid commenting on the political comedy that is going on
up here at the moment. New party, new to power, new jokes. That's
politics.

> Edmonton and Calgary.  I have worked in and enjoyed both of these fine =
> examples of western civilization.  Those Texas/Alberta attitudes that =
> you refer to are a big part of the reason that both economies are =
> exploding.  So far this year, my small group has sold more than $850K in =

And oil. Don't forget the oil.

> In addition to all of Canada, Texas PEs enjoy reciprocity with all of =
> Mexico.  Since Mexico is much closer, we tend to do more work down south =
> than up north.

It is my understanding that anybody who has graduated from a 4 year
engineering programme can have reciprocity in Mexico.

> As you may have read, the newest sport in Texas is "Lawyer Hunting".  =

I just about peed laughing at the rest of this thread. Mind you, I
almost fell off my chair when I heard that the VP had chosen a lawyer as
a target and I wasn't completely clear if the intended was quail or
Quayle!

I hear that there was another member of the hunting party named Jack
Daniels. Nobody could find him on Sunday morning.

> From: "David Fisher" <dfisher(--nospam--at)fpse.com>

> If Mr. Chaney wants to go hunting, the US Constitution (actually, the
> bill of Rights) allows him the right to bear arms.
>
> I was simply was responding to Stan's comment about some of the great
> things about Texas, that's all.
>
> Its important to be aware of these things...

Especially if you happen to be quail hunting in Texas.

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International