Re: Composite Design references

Paul,

I have used BS 5400 extensively together with BS 5950 (Steel Design)
... but this are British Standards.   I have worked with a Japanese
company before and it is where I gained this working knowledge and
experience of composite steel and all sort of connection design. You
can self-study this BS 5400 & 5950.  There are a lot of
research/development with regards to this subject matter in Japan.

Concrete encased steel, concrete filled tube, composite columns of any
shape, etc ... You can find this reference I mentioned to be valuable.
 At that time, there were no similar reference from AISC.  The company
I worked for before has a wealth of experience with regards to steel
composite design and construction.

An extensive reference may be available there in the USA if you can
find a Steel Company/Contractor to open its own library (plans/design)
for you.  A design firm's library  may be valuable source, too.

Regards.