Re: Composite Design references

Paul,
Earlier I wrote you about the composite frane with infilled masonary concept.
The following publications would help you for the composite beamas/columns

1. Design Guide for SHS Concrete filled Columns By: CORUS Group
    (Of course this is based on Britidh standards and is in SI units)
2. Hollow Structural Sections: Composite Load Tables
    ASD/LRFD methods, By Steel Tube Institute of North America
3. Eurocode 4 - Design of composite steel and concrete structures: Part 1.1  General Rules and Rules for Buildings

If you are looking for a specific case/condition  such as composte Squat walls, etc I may help. I have numerous research papers from the AIJ Transactions. or you could get on a loan from the EERC library
  "Past experimental results on reinforced concrete shear walls and analysis on them" BY: M. Hirosawa
  Kenchiku Kenkyu Shiro, No. 6, BRI, MOC, Tokyo, 1975.

Himat

>>> smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu 02/17/06 12:56 PM >>>
Paul:

I believe that there used to be a Handbook of Composite Construction or
some such.  I used to have a copy of a chapter somewhere around here, but
I cannot locate it at the moment.  It likely would be a little too out of
date for you anyway.

I did find a book on Amazon called Steel and Composite Structures by
Y.C.Yang.  Don't know if it would be useful or not.

Likely your best option is to look for articles/papers in the various
journals (i.e. Structural Journal of ACI, Structural Journal of ASCE, and
AISC's journal).  I know that there has been research done on composite
construction (I worked on some when I was working on a PhD that I never
finished).  I know that there was joint US-Japan program for quite a while
that looked at various composite elements/systems (i.e. concrete filled
tubes, steel beam to concrete column moment connections).

I will check with my concrete professor/former advisor to see if he can
point me to anything.

Scott
Adrian, MI