Re: Pipe Support Detail

For ductwork, try SMACNA 1481 "HVAC Duct Construction
Standards Metal and Flexible".  It's 311 pages long.
Chapter 4 provides information about hanvers and
supports.  It includes standard hangers, maximum
spacing, building attachments, ...

Paul.
Phoenix, AZ

--- Jake Watson <jwatson(--nospam--at)utahisp.com> wrote:

---------------------------------
    This leads me to another question.  I have seen
standards for seismicbracing (SMACNA) of pipes and
ductwork.  But where would someone findstandards for
gravity support?  Specifically what is the
standardspacing of gravity supports for pipe & duct?

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT

Scott, William N. wrote:    v\:* {	BEHAVIOR:
url(#default#VML)}o\:* {	BEHAVIOR:
url(#default#VML)}w\:* {	BEHAVIOR:
url(#default#VML)}.shape {	BEHAVIOR:
url(#default#VML)}  @font-face {	font-family:
Tahoma;}@page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin:
1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; }P.MsoNormal {	FONT-SIZE:
12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New
Roman"}LI.MsoNormal {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in
0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"}DIV.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY:
"Times New Roman"}A:link {	COLOR: blue;
TEXT-DECORATION: underline}SPAN.MsoHyperlink {	COLOR:
blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}A:visited {	COLOR:
purple; TEXT-DECORATION:
underline}SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {	COLOR: purple;
TEXT-DECORATION: underline}P {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt;
MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; FONT-FAMILY:
"Times New Roman"; mso-margin-top-alt: auto;
mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto}SPAN.EmailStyle17 {	COLOR:
windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type:
personal}SPAN.EmailStyle19 {	COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY:
Arial; mso-style-type: personal-reply}DIV.Section1 {
page: Section1}OL {	MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in}UL {
MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in}    Rick,

  Actually, teflon pads can be supplied
asself-adhesive tape or weldable assemblies. Check
with Piping Technology.

  http://www.pipingtech.com/products/slideplates.htm
  http://www.sarasons.com/products5.htm

  The pipe can be guided on the tangent structuresand
allowed to slide at the expansion loops.

  Bill