From: John Riley [mailto:jpriley485(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 4:35 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RISA, Lb-comp top and bottom

"For the bottom chord, if you have no “kickers” from any of the joists, the Lb-bottom is going to be the full span between beam supports."

Is it fair to assume that full-height stiffeners laterally support the bottom flange in lieu of a "kicker"?  I think if I used a kicker it would have to go to the joist top chord, not the bottom chord.  Any thoughts?

John Riley