Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: SANDSTORM[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: SANDSTORM
- From: "Stefan Reumers" <Reumers.S(--nospam--at)ellimetal.com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:42:09 +0100
Our customer was concerned about the “sand blasting”-effect that this dust storms would have on his aluminium silos, but I guess this is a little exaggerated.
After all, the basic windspeed does not exceed 80 mph.
From: Robert Kazanjy
For a project in Saudi-Arabia, I need to take into account the effect of sandstorms on a number of big aluminium silos.
The dust content of the sandstorm is defined as 0.065 kg/m3.
Is there any code or book that describes what to do in this case ?
I made the calculations as follows, but I do not know if this is the correct way.
Pressure coefficient silo : cw = 0.60
Density of the air : ro = 1.25 kg/m3
Dust content air : d = 0.065 kg/m3
Impact factor sand : Is = 2.0 (taken arbitrary)
Combined pressure coefficient air/sand :
Cc = cw . (ro + d . Is) / ro = 0.66
Thanks in advance for your ideas or commentary.
Engineering Silo Dept.
- Prev by Subject: Re: SANDSTORM
- Next by Subject: SANDSTORM
- Previous by thread: Re: SANDSTORM
- Next by thread: SANDSTORM