Re: Fees - was Re: Masonry Storage Facilities - fees!

> Subject: RE: Fees - was Re: Masonry Storage Facilities - fees!

Show them the door.

I might discuss 5~10% with more strict definition of scope to suit.

And if you keep sending them to Joe's Discount Engineering Emporium, Joe
will soon be so busy that he will be losing too much money, or
increasing his rates.

Alternately, the customer will find that they get what they pay for and
you'll get a call for the clean-up.

If Joe is TRULY providing the same product, then one of you is doing
something wrong and won't be in business for long.

Damn, I love it when the system works ...

If the customer is the type that would be doing repeat work, Joe just
lost and you gained a more knowledgeable client. Why should you be the
bad guy when you can let Joe take that role.

Sometimes, you have to be patient to get the project.

Regards
Paul

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.