From: AWC Info [mailto:AWCInfo(--nospam--at)afandpa.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 05:17
To: SEAINT Listserver (seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org)
Subject: IBC Table 2306.4.5 - Gypsum sheathing

From the AF&PA 2005 Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic:

4.3.7.4.2 Gypsum Sheathing: Four-foot-wide pieces
of gypsum sheathing shall be applied parallel or perpendicular
to studs. Two-foot-wide pieces of gypsum
sheathing shall be applied perpendicular to the studs.
Gypsum sheathing shall conform to ASTM C 79 and
shall be installed in accordance with ASTM C 1280.

Here's a link to the standard: http://www.awc.org/Standards/SDPWS.html

HTH

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
P: 202-463-2769
F: 202-463-2791
http://www.awc.org

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard.  Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.