Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Landscape Retaining Wall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Landscape Retaining Wall
- From: Jim Getaz <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:02:30 -0500
I am struggling with the same concept in my backyard. I have to please myself. My wife will go along with what I decide, because I’d much rather be planting flowers and enjoying them than engineering, so what I do looks good (the thought processes I learned from engineering help me devise things that look good). The best thing so far is flat stones buried in a footing. Their plane is vertical. The unresolved problem is working them to fit together and trimming them evenly on top. We have a fairly good supply at her parent’s farm two hours away. The local retailer wants a lot of money for big flat stones, but he delivers.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Landscape Retaining Wall
- Next by Subject: Re: Landscape Retaining Wall
- Previous by thread: Re: Landscape Retaining Wall
- Next by thread: Re: Horizontal Cold Joint in Concrete Beam