Re: Landscape Retaining Wall

            Daryl,

                        I am struggling with the same concept in my backyard. I have to please myself. My wife will go along with what I decide, because I’d much rather be planting flowers and enjoying them than engineering, so what I do looks good (the thought processes I learned from engineering help me devise things that look good). The best thing so far is flat stones buried in a footing. Their plane is vertical. The unresolved problem is working them to fit together and trimming them evenly on top. We have a fairly good supply at her parent’s farm two hours away. The local retailer wants a lot of money for big flat stones, but he delivers.

            Jim Getaz

            Winchester, Virginia