Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Horizontal Cold Joint in Concrete Beam[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Horizontal Cold Joint in Concrete Beam
- From: Jim Getaz <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:13:31 -0500
I just looked up the reference 11.18. Even in ACI 318-05, it is to the 4th Edition of the PCI Handbook, which is two editions old. You will do better these days to use Appendix D of ACI 318. I know that is everyone’s favorite part of 318, and from the most testing is only marginally better than the old PCI method which was basically developed on the back of a napkin. It is still in 318, not an old reference in the Commentary.
Precast Concrete Engineer
- Prev by Subject: RE: Horizontal Cold Joint in Concrete Beam
- Next by Subject: House Inspection
- Previous by thread: Re: Landscape Retaining Wall
- Next by thread: Equipment OSHPD Compliance