Expansion Joint in Staad Model

Hello list,

I just want to know how to consider the expansion
joint in staad model considering 1(one) whole
structure with 20mm width expansion joint. This EJ is
at the center of the column & beam all throught the
vertical plane of the building from roof to mat
foundation. It looks like two(2)structures joining
together.

Another question is, what is the structural effect if
i ignore the expansion joint in structural analysis?

Thanks,
manny