RE: Wire reinforcement in salbs on ground

________________________________

From: Kevin Below [mailto:kevinbelow(--nospam--at)videotron.ca]

I was having a discussion with a client about using wire fabric reinforcement in a slab on grade.  His "other" engineers are becoming very gung-ho about using steel fibres.

Perhaps the economics have changed, but steel fiber reinforcement was pretty expensive a few years back when I used it. I would be surprised if this worked out to be cost effective simply for SOG reinforcement, absent other considerations.