Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:52 PM
Subject: RE: Landscape Retaining Wall

Or, how about a 2-ft flat steel plate installed vertically restrained against lateral displacement by 3-ft + or - long galvanized iron pipes driven into the ground about 2-ft.  This system will not trap water -- the L-shaped plate will tend to hold water.  If you don?t want to see the pipes, they could be driven thru U-bolts or galvanized U-clamps bolted onto the back of the plates.

A protective coating sounds good ? I think cold-applied galvanizing is available from Home Depot; asphalt foundation spray should last a long time too.  In any case, by the time corrosion takes its toll on the assembly, you may be ready for changes.

Nels Roselund, SE

South San Gabriel, CA

njineer(--nospam--at)att.net