Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Steel Beam Plice Location[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Steel Beam Plice Location
- From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint03(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:35:42 -0600
What are the critical values of beam lengths and splice locations?
I’m detailing a pipe support bridge that is 2 spans of 75 feet. I have a center support. I want to have a continuous beam over both spans and I’m looking for the ideal splice locations. I recall there is a critical value of 40 feet for steel beam lengths from the mill. Are there several critical lengths other than just the 40 feet length? I don’t want to put a splice at that point because the moment is too high. I would like to get it as near as possible to the point of inflection.
Thanks for your insight.
- Prev by Subject: RE: steel bars
- Next by Subject: Steel Beam Splice Location
- Previous by thread: Re: Landscape Retaining Wall, Now Way OT!
- Next by thread: Lumb-R-Grip Hanger Hooks