From: Stanley E Scholl [mailto:sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 9:59 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Fees

I will repeat what I wrote a year or more ago on this subject. I suggest that structural engineers become more wide ranging in service by 1) providing complete design services and hire architects and designers as necessary to help prepare the plans, and 2) provide design- build services by joining with a construction person or firm.  Providing only structural engineering services for minimal fees is not in my opinion the way to go.

And lastly and probably most important, find some land or an under-developed property, arrange for some partners and financing and do your own project.

Stan Scholl, P.E.

Laguna Beach, CA