Re: Tension capacity for insert plate (Embedment)

Gary
Thanks for your reply . It is not just cost but I want to prove my design to client. Actually it becomes very complicated when more than 2 columns .

Can you please give me Roarks formula ? If you have soft copy please send it to me.

Regards

Amit

Gary Hodgson & Associates <ghodgson(--nospam--at)bellnet.ca> wrote:
Amit,
I suggest you refer to Roark's Formulae for Stress &
Strain for a start. Be sure to over-design it as the
cost of the material is peanuts in such an application.
Gary

On 26 Feb 2006 at 7:52, amit bhatt wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I am designing Insert Plate and calculating generalized tension capacity ( It can support spring , steel member or pipe etc i.e. plate width can be more than member connected ) for different plate size and number of lugs. For design I used ACI 349 and I could design lugs for tension and conceret against cone failure.
>
> Now how to design Insert plate for bending i.e. checking plate thickness for bending stress ? I would like to get your help on this issue .
>
> I am considering plate supported at corners and subjected to point load at center.
> 1 Do you agree that this will be most critical condition i.e. maximum moment ?
> 2 How to calculate moment at center for such boundary condition ? Please give me some reference ?
> 3 If I approximate IP behavior and take it will bend from center and moment calculated at center ( Tension on lug * lug dist. from center ) and full width of plate will resist it and calculate thickness required . Do you agree with this approximation ?
> Considering full width for resisting bending is ok for above assumed behavior ?
>
> Please reply this email.
>
> With Best Regards
>
> Amit

> Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket
> Yahoo! Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
* site at: http://www.seaint.org

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket