Re: AUTOCAD: What's Your Preference?

Option 1 - put them in model space.  I use AutoLisp macros to determine the
scale of the viewport and size the dimensions and text accordingly.

When I first gave in and was dragged kicking and screaming into being "modern",
I'd often forget to go to model space within my viewport and as a result, the
dimensions & text ended up in paper space (option 2).  That's not necessarily a
problem until the viewport needs to be resized or the model is moved around
within the viewport.  Then you get to choose between "eyeballing" to realign
the dimensions with the model or doing them over.

Gary Grinstead, SE
www.structuralstuff.com