Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Lag Bolts into Narrow Face of a Stud

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

The engineering wood is the ledger, I’m not worried about splitting it. But if it matters, It’s Trusjoist Timberstrand or Microllam.


The studs are Doug Fir sawn lumber, that’s what I’m worried about splitting.




-----Original Message-----
From: Polhemus, Bill [mailto:BPolhemus(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 1:28 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: RE: Lag Bolts into Narrow Face of a Stud


Is the engineered wood existing, or did you put it there?


Regardless of the answer to the above, can you identify the manufacturer of the engineered wood?


I would first get in touch with the manufacturer, if at all possible, to ask these questions. Nice thing about “engineered” wood: You get end-user support.


From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)]

I have a condition where I’m using a 1.75” engineered lumber ledger for roof framing in a building with a flat roof.