RE: AUTOCAD: What's Your Preference?

I draw everything full scale in model space, then I use viewports at different scales for details, floorplans and sections. I have to manually change the scale of the dims in each viewport to make it size correctly for that scale, since I set the text size to show up in paper space as .1" (so all text in all viewports is uniform in paperspace). That's the only drawback. Also, I size the text for the appropriate viewport, so there are several text sizes in the drawing. Otherwise, it works really well.

From: "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: AUTOCAD: What's Your Preference?
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:47:24 -0600

(Only answer if you're "modern" and use "Paper Space"):

When annotating drawings with dimensions, notes, callouts, etc., do you:

1)	Put those in Model space and size them accordingly,
2)	Put them in Paper Space, or
3)	Have some combination of 1) and 2) that you prefer (please
elaborate)?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Senior Associate
mailto:bpolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com
WJE
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Engineers I Architects I Material Scientists
10235 West Little York, Suite 245
Houston, Texas 77040
P: 832-467-2177 F: 832-467-2178
http://www <blocked::http://www/> .wje.com