From: SEAINTLIST [mailto:seaint-list(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net]
Sent:
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 2:03 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Lag Bolts into Narrow Face of a Stud

GR,

Per the NDS Table 11.5.1E the minimum edge distance should not be less than 1.5d,  I have used 1/2" lag bolts for this condition, but if the loads are too high I have also used 4x blocking between the studs to support the ledger.  The blocking will be required anyways to transfer the inplane shear force into the wall.