Re: Locust allowable bending stress values

I have a 1936 book (Eshbach) showing Black Locust ((Robinia pseudoacacia)
with the following properties at 12% moisture:
        Compression ll to grain                          6800 psi
       Compression perpend. to grain             2260 psi
        Shear ll to grain                                       2480 psi
        Static bending                                         2050 psi

It refers to Wood Handbook, US Dept. of Ag.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:09:52 -0600 "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>