From: SEAINTLIST [mailto:seaint-list(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:36 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Princeton Review: Update

It is interesting that the average hours per week is 45.  This is probabaly the starting of the SE career, but as we all know, once we get into our career more, we are looking more like 60 hours per week or more.  I do not know about anyone else, but I find myself thinking about design and detailing 24 hours a day.  When I was at school one of my instructors informed me that I know I have finally become a structural engineer when I am having sex with my wife and thinking about details.

Hmmm, what a sick career we have, but we must love it because the pay sucks, hours sucks, but the reward of knowing what we design will last longer than our lifetime or even our kids lifetime is priceless.