RE: Princeton Review: Update

Like the old Engineer said, "I can't wait to retire.  Then I can work
all the time."

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:07 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Princeton Review: Update

Oh, I might retire if that happened to me...but I would have to say that
would likely be sitting there on the beach trying to determine the load
path of the resort's structural framing! <grin>  Structural engineering
is
in my blood, like it or not.  As a case in point, I was sitting at a Red
Wings hockey game a couple of years ago with a friend (who is also a
structural engineer) and for a brief period of time, she and I were
sitting looking up at the roof framing structure of the Joe and
following
the load path and discussing the structure rather than watching the
game.
And, yes, I know that I am sick.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Jeremy White wrote:

> What I want to know is where this brain washing comes from which says
> structural engineers are expected to work long and hard hours because
you do
> it for the love and personal satisfaction of the job and not the pay.
If I